Pizza is showing up in restaurants of all kinds, from five-star elegant places to even trendy and casual sushi spots. Here are some pizza facts and pizza marketing that can add to your profits and brand profile.
Did you know…
- We consume around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperonis every year.
- 36% of all pizza orders want their pizza topping pepperoni.
- 94% of Americans eat pizza regularly.
- 93% of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month.
- Pizza accounts for more than 10% of all food service sales.
- Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza a day or about 350 slices per second.
- There are approximately 61,269 pizzerias in the United States.
- Each person in America eats about 46 pizza slices a year.
- 62% of Americans prefer meat toppings while 38% prefer vegetables.
- Saturday night is the most popular night to eat pizza.
- 36% of people consider pizza the perfect breakfast.
With all of this love for pizza, it is important to know how to reach audiences and get a slice of their spending. Below are a few clever and creative pizza restaurant marketing examples from pizza places. These ideas can apply to any restaurant who adds pizza to their menu.
While some of these restaurant branding marketing ideas can be too costly for many small independent restaurants, you can learn from their big budget ideas and apply them to your operation.
Here are a few restaurant marketing tips:
The quality of the photography is critical in food and beverage marketing. You can buy lost cost, quality photos at web sites like; Istock.com for as little $10.00 an image.
Creating a very visual photo opportunity like Pappa’s did with the huge cheese can be achieved on a smaller scale by being time-sensitive and aligning to other big news events, like in the example of special royal wedding pizza also by Pappa John’s. Need more ideas on how to get restaurant business publicity, check out our Publicity Ta-do ebook.
Being unique will allow your brand to connect with customers more efficiently because the public will have something to hold on to in their minds, like distinct offerings. This Aussie brand is known for their interesting and sometimes weird pizza toppings and their graphics further this unique positioning. To learn more on how to stand out, view:
Be distinct, be memorable, be relevant: Be the odd fish.
Don’t miss your slice of the pizza lover market. Pizza offerings can be a high margin menu item and a great opportunity to further promote your place and restaurant brand.